Maintains safe and secure environment for community members, public, customers and employees by patrolling and monitoring premises and personnel. Responds to fire and medical emergencies.
Security Officer/Firefighter Job Duties:
• Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry.
• Obtains help by sounding alarms.
• Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining trespassers.
• Controls traffic by directing drivers.
• Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures.
• Maintains environment by monitoring and setting building and equipment controls.
• Maintains organization’s stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements.
• Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Protects people, property, and environment during emergencies.
• Extinguishes fires.
• Executes rescues.
• Mitigates chemical spills.
• Prevents fire damage by conducting surveys and inspections for hazards and
• Prepares citizens to prevent fire damage by developing and conducting educational and training programs.
• Ensures availability of water at fire scene by testing hydrants, requesting, and expediting repairs, and verifying repairs.
• Minimizes fire damage by responding to alarms, driving, and operating equipment, regulating water pressure, combating, and extinguishing fires, and rescuing and reviving people.
• Notifies supervisor of needed repairs.
• Evaluates new equipment and techniques.
• Maintains operations by following policies and procedures and reporting needed changes.
• Provides information by completing reports.
• Handles minor medical care and other emergency services.
• Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, studying publications, and participating in scheduled drills.
• Maintains fire station building, grounds, and related equipment by completing maintenance schedules.
Security Officer/Firefighter Skills and Qualifications:
Lifting, Surveillance Skills, Deals with Uncertainty, Judgment, Objectivity, Dependability, Emotional Control, Integrity, Safety Management, Professionalism, Reporting Skills, Handles Pressure, Physical Fitness, Radio Communications.
Education and Experience and Age Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Must pass physical and written tests
• Drug and alcohol screening
• Medical exam
• At least 18 years old
• NFPA Standard 1001
• Valid Class 5 Drivers License or higher with Air Brakes
• Standard First AID, CPR, EMR an asset
• Professional Security Diploma or Training
Interested candidates should send their resume to:
Mr. RJ Okenan@ email@example.com . The position is open until suitable candidates are found.
We thank all who apply but only selected candidates will be contacted.
Download job description: Security Officer/Firefighter Job- Dec 2020Security OfficerFirefighter Job- Dec 2020